The Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tool Expenditures and Results (RePORTER) is NIH’s awards made database. It includes award data from NIH, SAMHSA, HRSA, FDA, CDC, AHRQ and VA.Search Guidelines
Free Text (labeled “Term Search”)
- Searches project titles, abstracts, and scientific terms. If the “And” logic is selected (the default), all of the search terms must be found. If the “Or” logic is used, at least one of the terms must be found. Use quotes around the entered text to search for exact phrases.
Principal Investigator Name
- Searches by the first or last name of the Principal Investigator. The % wildcard may be used if only part of the name is known.
Agency/Institute or Center
- Searches by the NIH component responsible for administering the research grant or contract (Admin IC) or funding (Funding IC) the research. Admin is selected by default. Funding IC data is not available for projects funded prior to Fiscal Year 2008. You can browse for Agencies/Institutes by name.
- Searches for projects originally solicited under a request for applications (RFA), program announcement (PA), or notice (NOT) issued in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts. RFA numbers take the format RFA-IC-fy-nnn, where IC is the Agency/Institute/Center issuing the RFA, fy is the fiscal year of the solicitation, and nnn is a serial number. PA numbers are formatted as PA-fy-nnn and notices NOT-IC-fy-nnn.
- Search by the 3-character code applied to various funding mechanisms to identify a specific category of extramural research activity. A comprehensive list of activity codes currently in use may be found here. You can browse for Codes by activity type.
- For grants, this unique identification number is composed of the type code, activity code, Institute/Center code, serial number, support year, and/or suffix code. The ‘%’ wildcard may be used at the beginning or end of your entry into this field if only a portion of the project number is known. To limit query time, it is recommended to select the fiscal year of the project if known.