Many funding databases (notably COS pivot and the Foundation Center) allow you to subscribe to alerts and newsletters that will notify you of new opportunities or opportunities you have tracked. You can also subscribe to any of the following rss feeds or newsletters if you wish to receive general updates in a particular subject area.
The National Science Foundation’s free e-mail subscription service allows users to receive an e-mail message each time new content is added to the NSF web site in selected categories.
The NIH publishes several alerts services, listservs, and newsletters featuring funding opportunities.List of Resources
- The NIH Guide is the official publication of NIH grant policies, guidelines, and funding opportunities. You can receive the NIH Guide Table of Contents (NIHTOC), including links to new funding announcements, via:Email (weekly) or RSS feed (continuous).
- The NIH Extramural Nexus provides regular updates on NIH grants policies and activities that impact the entire grants community.
- NIH supports more than 1,500 public listervs. You can browse the top listservs and subscribe.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation offers email alerts for grants relating to health and health care of all Americans. Although not required to subscribe, registering for a MyRWJF profile allows further customization of program area or topic-specific updates on RWJF research and publications, funding opportunities, and other news from the foundation or the field.
NCER periodically sends out emails to subscribers announcing new grants, funding opportunities, and newsworthy items regarding NCER-funded research.
JUSTINFO is a biweekly electronic newsletter from the National Criminal Justice Reference Service. It contains information about publications, events, funding and training opportunities, and Web-based resources available from NCJRS Federal sponsors.
The Department of Energy Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA-E) periodically sends subscribers newsletters and special notices with the latest ARPA-E news, funding opportunities, updates, and featured profiles.
Philanthropy News Digest, a service of the Foundation Center, publishes requests for proposals (RFPs) and notices of awards as a free service for grant-making organizations and nonprofits. It is updated every Friday and is available by email or RSS feed.
Other Foundation Center newsletters include:
- Arts Funding Watch (updated infrequently)
- Education Funding Watch
- Health Funding Watch (updated infrequently)